May 21, 2009

Guide School ... the olympians ... Day 5

-Corinne Roberto (guide school student)
May 15th, 2009
Today was the final day of guide school. The sun came out at last, just in time for Guide School Olympics! My team, Funky A&& Panty Splash competed for the gold medal against the two other teams. There was a throw rope competition, story telling competition, and then the whitewater challenges. With only seconds to spare we won the boat slalom, then barely made second on the ferry of death. Our third and most difficult challenge was Lunchcounter style points. I rode the whold way through on Duke's shoulders. We had tough competitors, but I think we may have won against the hairy butts that went through on the other boats. It all came down to the final stretch... flip the boats and race to the finish! It was a blur of cold water and paddles flying. I paddled for my life to make it to the finish. We arrived at the takout last. But we still had a chance with our incredible performance throughout the olympics. It was a great day to cap off the events of this week. I'd do it again in a second!